Sunday, July 7, 2019

#Sunday #Roundup of #Books #Week #77!!

Welcome to the Sunday Roundup #77!!





Happy Sunday!!


On the homefront:
Back in the saddle so to speak. Life has been going pretty good. 

Surgery:

I have dropped about 30lbs now for the surgery and we have scheduled that for August 12. My last day of class is the 8th. I would be lying if I said I was not a little scared about it. I am. For me (I have been overweight  ALL  of my adult life and this (I know) is just the right decision for me and one that has taken me about 10 years to make. 

I have 3 siblings, my sister was the first to get the surgery back in 1999. My younger brother followed in 2002, plus all of their wives/husbands followed them and had the surgery. That is 6 people that have had the surgery in my IMMEDIATE family. That doesn't include my other relatives/friends. I know a few of those also. My oldest brother had his about 2/3 years ago after losing the first leg to diabetes and then lost the other leg to diabetes. He then got the lap band last year - LAST YEAR -  FINALLY  his diabetes under control. 
SOOO, where did that leave me??
I have no aliments - NONE - so this was harder for me. Most of them had the surgery so long ago that they didn't have to go through all the things I had to just to get this surgery. Even my older brother didn't have such a hard time because he had a pre-existing condition - diabetes, I don't have any problems like that right now. So this was much harder for me to get approval through my insurance company. YOU WOULD THINK, they would OK it as I am obese and this leads to - heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancers, etc. but they give you such a hard time. I would say since April I have been jumping through hoops and running over hills for these people to get my weight down. I simply had to stop eating and when that plateaued (and I almost landed in the hospital because I wasn't eating) they put me on the Keto diet. Have you ever been on the keto diet? It F**KING S**KS --- is all I can say. I kept pushing and now well...Now, I feel better. I lost 30lbs and just feel better and I just don't want to go back to that. I want to lose more weight. I am willing to go through more to lose more weight if this makes sense. I, of course, do eat but not nearly as much as before. I limit myself. I stop myself - YES, I do cheat every once and awhile. I do. I am HUMAN. We all are but I feel better. I don't know if I can stop this forever, I try every day I try to control myself. I am trying to change the way I feel about food and how I look at it and GDI, it is freaking hard, really HARD. I love food. I do well. I am trying to change my life and as we all know change is not easy. I am just trying to eat healthier, I want to be healthier. I really do. I am really trying. Well, this leads me to being a little over a month away from surgery and a little bit of the shakes from it. =)



Things I know: or NEED HELP WITH!!! 

Planning my last 3 meals before surgery:

1. Steak 
2. Fried Shrimp
3. ??? - suggestions welcome

These have to happen in the next two weeks actually as they put you on a liquid diet and I will not be able to eat any whole foods so we want to be able to do these two I guess in the next two weekends as I don't actually want to put on any weight from eating them. 


School Front:
Week 11/12 - Holy Moly - I can't believe this semester is almost done!


Blog: 
I reviewed Fid's Crusade - Here!
I posted my Audio Challenge Update if you want to check it out - HERE!


Around the Blogosphere:
Some posts I read this week that I thought were cool:

Chuckles had a cool Top Ten Tuesday Post about Unpopular Bookish Opinions

Sophie had some great posts to that I missed big time like - SPOV or MPOV, Do You Forget Character Names/Scenes/Specifics in Books (Yes, I do Sophie!), Does Reading Make You A Better Person? (I like to think so!), and She tried to predict your favorite reading genre based on your job! So go check out some of her posts as they are super worth it!! 

Sam at WLABB had a great post about What Type of Reader Are You? & Is It A Dealbreaker - Secondary Character Deaths.

Found a cool post over at Musings of a Literary Wanderer - Six Things That Make Me Want To Read A Blog! Great tips there! I have to put some into practice! 



I am still hopping around and I am currently working on Kim's, Greg's and a few other blogs so give me time - I am getting there!! 




 As you know - Each week I take part in 
The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Reviewer
Stacking My Shelves by Tynga's Reviews!






----  MY WONDERFUL WEEK IN BOOKS ---- 




Purchased/Free/Received




WON!



Up for Book Tours:






Up for Bookstagram Tours:








Currently Reading:








Audiobooks/Books I finished:

None this week I am working on finishing two books:

Audio:




Print:




Bookstagram:






Song of the Week:


Please if you know someone who is thinking of Suicide, please get them help. 



How has your week gone?

12 comments:

  1. I hardly eat anything and I still can't shift the weight with my thyroid getting in the way. I'm trying a new idea of getting more veg into my diet by blending it up into soup as I hate veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all Mary what you are doing with surgery is courageous and I'd be frigthened too because ...it's surgery! Congrats on the wight loss already! I had never that problem as I have a slight problem with my liver and can't eat fat so it helps staying slim. But my hubs is struggling for years too! Sometimes he loses a lot of weight then something happen and it's all back so yes, the struggle is real and he's thought about surgery too.
    Second thank you for all the comments and featuring my posts!
    Last but not least you are doing great at school and that's fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out, Mary!

    You are doing a great job with your weight loss, and you have to do what's best for you. If there is a tool out there, like the surgery, that you can use, I say do it! Especially if you know that it's going to aid you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing you absolutely all the best and luck for your surgery. It is a scary thing to be going through but I'm rooting for you and your health in the meantime. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your surgery prep! I look forward to reading your posts this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I hope the surgery goes super well for you and I don't blame you for being nervous- I think anyone would be. Insurance companies can be a royal pain in the a$$ if you ask me lol. I've had to change how I eat too and it IS hard. But sending you lots of supportive thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the surgery goes well for you.

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the surgery. I can understand being nervous and think it's pretty normal. The son of a coworker had this surgery and I remember all the hoops and special diets he had to go through. It was nuts. I'm glad yours is scheduled and good luck with the liquid diet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the surgery goes well, and that you get the results you are looking for. And, good for you losing 30 pounds. That had to be a real challenge. Thanks for sharing my posts XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im not sure what I’d suggest as a third meal, for me it would be something like Spaghetti Bolognese or Lasagna. It must be inspiring to see how successful the surgery has been for your family members, I’m sure it will be for you too.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Burger or lasagna! Nice list.
    Hope your surgery goes well.

    Nicely wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lasange or Chili! I love both of those...
    I wish you all the luck with your surgery. It is SO HARD losing weight and already having lost 30lbs is awesome. I hope the surgery lets you reach the long term goals and maintain them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang