Sunday, January 6, 2019

#Sunday #Roundup of #Books #Week #52!!

Welcome to the #SundayRoundup #52!!
Happy Sunday!


Welcome to 2019!




On the homefront:
As the new year rolls in every January - I do an old tradition that comes from my mom. On that first day of the new year, we look back on all the good and all the bad that have happened. Just a reminiscence of it. Examples of this - I started university for my BSN, I made the Honor Roll not once but twice, I lost my sister, I purchased a new to me car, my daughter was diagnosed with major depression and anxiety, My older daughter got off her medication etc. So there are lots of good and bad things that happen in a years time. It's good to reflect NOT only on the good but the bad as well. BUT, do not dwell on that bad. Things happen in everyone's life and it's good to reflect and see what can help with those changes and bring in positive where you can. 


Things I know:
I gained at least 5lbs this holiday season!


School Front:
We are back in session. I have a chemistry class that has lab and lecture components, that is literally all day Saturday! My other 3 classes are on Wednesday and Thursday. So that gives me much of the week off. 


Blog: 
Monday's Post - Now that Blogmas is over - I feel semi-lost. I will put up my review of Ready Player One!

Previous Monday Posts 
Blogmas All December


Around the Blogosphere:

Some posts I read this week that I thought were cool:






 As you know - Each week I take part in 
Stacking My Shelves by Tynga's Reviews &
The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Reviewer!


----  MY WONDERFUL WEEK IN BOOKS ----






Purchased/WON:






Books/Audiobooks I'm Reading:




Audiobooks/Books I finished:






Up for Review Soon:






Bookstagram:

I haven't started back with my giveaways this week.
But, PBT is giving away a $20 Gift Card for Knight Moves!








Song of the Week:



Please if you know someone who is thinking of Suicide, please get them help. 



How has your week been?

18 comments:

  1. I appreciate to great attitude you have toward the good *and* the bad times. I agree that there's no use in getting bogged down by the bad and wallowing. The Traci Douglas book looks like a fun/light one. Hope you have a great week, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new semester. I am sure it will be another success. I taught chem for over 10 years, so I'm a fan. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, I think, to reflect on good and bad things that happened- but not to get lost in or dwell on the bad overmuch. And good luck with your class!

    I think that cover of Blessed is really cool. I just had to stare at it for a moment lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to know you are moving forward. Happy new year. Also , great song of the week.. I listened to that during christmas. I gained over 6 lb too, although that was my goal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I look around at the crazy world in which we live...and it is hard to see the good. Books and blogging...and family (most of the time) do it for me.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. My belated and sincerest condolences on your loss. May the loving memories of your sister give you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to start the new year! It's okay to think about the bad things, as long as there are good things to focus on as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reflecting is good and helps leave the bad behind.
    I hope this year is awesome for you!

    Have a wonderful week, Mary! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new year stock-take. Sometimes it's easy to just focus on bad things. It's good to remember that everything has balance. :)

    Enjoy your week! Good luck with the return to uni!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lovely tradition and I try to do something similar. It helps keep things in perspective and its easier to have hope and a positive outlook. Happy New Year and enjoy those wonderful books.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. My week was great, but I am glad the holidays are over. It will take me some time to get back to normal and catch up on blogging. Happy New Year and enjoy the new books.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not one for looking back on bad things from the year past. I try to just move on or I end up dealing with more depression. This year I plan to watch the news less as that just winds me up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing about Knight Moves on Instagram! Why don't I do that? I will from now on. :) I like your New Year bad and good list. I think it is good to see the bad and good like that. I hope you have a fabulous week, Mary!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary I love your tradition because we do tend to only remember the bad. As you said life is not meant to be easy all the time! Congrats on making the Honor twice and good luck with your new semester. PS If I do understand properly, you want me to have another blogmas next year?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing these books with us and all the work you put into making this fun for us to grab books we enjoy reading. That book broken reality has my eyes on it.
    @tisonlyme143

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your attitude towards the new year. I think that's something I want to implement into my New Year. I do my best not to dwell on the hard stuff but I just sometimes end up doing it.

    I am so proud of you for making the honor roll not once but TWICE! That's a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. I hope this semester treats you well!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're already off and into the new classes. My daughter has been to hers 3 times and seems to like it so far. We're trying to get into the swing of things. Enjoy your new reads! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy seeing the new books out and ones you review. Hoping you chemistry class goes well. I never liked that class. Hope your days good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang