Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...Stain by A.G. Howard!! @aghowardwrites #books #YA #Fantasy @ABRAMSbooks #Retellings #WOW #CWW #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.



Title: Stain
Author: A. G. Howard
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Retellings
Publisher: Abrams/Amulet Books
Publication Date: January 15, 2019

Blurb:

A high-fantasy gothic fairytale inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s The Princess and the Pea.

Once upon a nightmare, her fairytale begins...

After Lyra—a princess incapable of speech or sound—is cast out of her kingdom of daylight by her wicked aunt, a witch saves her life, steals her memories, and raises her in an enchanted forest ... disguised as a boy known only as Stain. Meanwhile, in Lyra's rival kingdom, the prince of thorns and night is dying, and the only way for him to break his curse is to wed the princess of daylight, for she is his true equal. As Lyra rediscovers her identity, an impostor princess prepares to steal her betrothed prince and her crown. To win back her kingdom, save the prince, and make peace with the land of the night, Lyra must be loud enough to be heard without a voice, and strong enough to pass a series of tests—ultimately proving she’s everything a traditional princess is not.
 



Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:

This sounds like a dark fantasy and I am in. I want to see how she gets all this without her voice. It seems like a really cool retelling. I haven't read anything by this author and this one makes me want to try her out. 





What is your CWW this week?

11 comments:

  1. This author always seems to have really pretty covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one does sound really cool! I love a good retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good retelling, too, and I’m seeing this one pop up lately. It sounds terrific and I hope you enjoy it! And the cover is alluring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to stop collecting AG Howard books and actually read one of them! They have such beautiful covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I think I can't leave a comment with my url so here I go again LOL
    Telling you that yes the blurb is excellent but the cover is also stunning! Sophie @bewareofthereader

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by this author before. I hope you enjoy reading this!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read AG Howard yet either but her books always look good- and have those amazing covers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books, never heard fo these. I like these posts, can explore new things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! Such a gorgeous cover! I really need to read this series!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds good! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang