Monday, October 1, 2018

To Book Club or Not To #Book Club That is the Question! #BookClub


I recently just joined my universities book club.


At first, I started thinking - WTH(heck) am I doing? Like - What the heck. Are you doing? 

You don't have enough to do with trying to get some book reviews in, studying, kids, husband, homework, thesis to do, dogs, cars, dinners etc. But, then I thought, well you love to read so why not? 

I joined in the hopes that:

1. I would read more. 
2. I would take some time for myself to do it.
3. I would maybe meet some more readers at school.
4. I would find a few more book lovers like me (even online).
5. I would just have fun with it. 

The book they choose (which is another reason I joined) was Ready One Player. 
Now, I wanted to read this one, to begin with, and also thought it would be a good idea to read along with them.

I am hoping to get it done in October as I have not signed up for any book reviews. I have been trying to keep them low as I don't want to back myself up with school. As I know that I will not have enough time to read them. I am already learning that. 

I did bump up my Goodreads Challenge to 65 instead of 50 because well, I have been reading and I was at 57 of 50 that I needed to read. I figured this would challenge me even in school to read. I am hoping to make it to the 65.

I hope I have done the right thing by joining this book club. So far, I have only talked to two people one of which was just giving me the book. 

I am hoping to connect with a few more people in school. It never hurt to have some reading buddies. =)

So, what do you think? Stay in the book club or make this one my first and last?

Are you in a book club? Have you thought about joining one? What would you want to read if you did?



7 comments:

  1. Honestly, I couldn't say. You'll probably have a better idea after reading the book and attending the meeting if you can get it to fit time wise and if this group is a good fit for you. Maybe go to every other meeting if you like it, but its tough to schedule time for.
    I didn't do well with my one and only because they kept picking depressing women's fiction or lit fic that just left me feeling down plus a few of the members were really intense and pushed to make everyone agree with their opinions.
    I do alright with a couple online book groups now who at least like romances and humor mixed in with their more serious reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That can only be your decision Mary! Personally I have no interest in joining bookclubs as I'm not the kind of person to buy what somebody tells me to read, force myself to read something that doesn't interest me and then have to sit and analyse it and listen to them bicker about it! I read genres and books that these clubs would never go near! Most of the book clubs I've seen talking online seem to read contemporary, romance and women's fiction and maybe crime, genres I just don't read! I'll stick to reading what I want when I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say, it's always up to you. I personally wasn't impress with " Ready One Player " , also I don't really like to socialize with people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you would need to go and see if you mesh. I avoid going out whenever possible. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I would see how it goes and how it fits into your schedule, but I always think it's great to find more readers! Sometimes it seems like no one else reads! I've never been in a book club, but I kind of want to see if my sisters-in-law would like to start one, maybe just a couple times a year because everyone is so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book clubs are also great for discovering new authors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm I haven't been in a book club in ages, it does sound motivating sometimes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang