Monday, October 15, 2018

#Subscription #Book #Boxes - Yay or Nay?



Today I thought I would talk about Book Box Subscriptions. I currently am enrolled in three. I know, I know - but I won't be in school forever! Besides I am a book wh**e. =)

I don't know the best boxes out there, but I think I am getting some really cool ones myself.  As one of them just started up, and I was one of the first to enroll. I do feel as this company gets going, I know it takes a while, it will be amazing! Ok, so my two Book Box Subscriptions - one is from Owlcrate and the other is from Unplugged Book Box. Very much the same but different. 

They both offer books and that is my favorite thing of course. But, Owlcrate is a bit more advanced right now as it has an author relationship where the author signs all the books. Unplugged does have the authors sign a bookplate but not the book - YET. I say this because I know that it is a startup company and I think once it gets going it will be just as amazing. I am not worried as I still get a signed bookplate. I really like that Unplugged gives me things for me. YES, FOR ME! That is what attracted me to the box itself. I also LOVE that Unplugged has a black envelope that you open after you have read the book. I haven't read the two I have gotten yet, but after I read my school's book club book I plan on reading one of them. Just so I can see what is in that darn envelope!!!


Owlcrate was a chance subscription. I wasn't sure I wanted it, but when I got it - I was so glad that I did. It always has a bunch of cool things in it that I don't want to part with. From mugs to candles to book totes. So for me, it was a no-brainer. I enjoy these things and have found that it's nice to get a box and open the surprises in there! How can you not love the swag, books and all the little goodies that you get? I know that some sell these things cause they don't want them but I can't. At least not yet. Maybe after a year or two, I might. I do not plan to stop these subscriptions anytime soon. 


Ahhh, so you caught me...You were wondering about that third box as I did mention three but only talked about two. Well, that is because it's not a box like the other two. It's the book of the month club. I wanted that one because it was cheaper than the other two and I could get a thriller or two every month. I wanted the option of getting another genre than YA.  

My first pick this month was The Clockmaker's Daughter. I have heard iffy reviews of it but still wanted to check it out and see for myself if it is good.





What I wonder is, is there other great boxes out there that I don't know about? 
Can you suggest some? Do you currently get a box? 




6 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of The Clockmaker's Daughter right now and I am enjoying it! I don't get any subscription boxes but am considering asking for Book of the Month for Christmas, just to try it out! The other boxes look cute, but I'm trying to cut down on clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not done a book box for myself. I'm very picky and mood oriented in my reading. I'm afraid I'll get books or genres I don't care for. Now for my son Amazon started doing Kid Prime Book Box and I signed up for that one. So far we have enjoyed the book options that we get to choose and the books we get delivered. It's a great way to get my kid excited about books and he loves getting packages in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review of both boxes and to tell the truth cant choose between them. I'm going to gift my daughter Owlcrate Jr for Chrismas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea, but as I get older I look for way to avoid clutter. If it is something I will use like candles, socks or t-shirts plus book then I would jump at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done book of the month and enjoyed that. Owlcrate is one I've heard of and think its a first-class subscription. I probably won't sign up for box subscriptions though because I have way too many on my shelves already, but I do love when I see peeks into everyone else's boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea but the reality is too far outside my budget. There are so few for genres that interest me and the ones that are, are US based and cost a fortune. Also as much as I like book swag, I'm not a fan of hardback books so I doubt I'll subscribe to any in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang