Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...Strange Grace by @tessagratton!! #books @simonschuster #WOW #CWW #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.




Title: Strange Grace
Author: Tessa Gratton
Genre: YA, Thriller, Fantasy

Pages: 400 pages 

Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: September 18, 2018

Blurb:


Once, a witch made a pact with a devil. The legend says they loved each other, but can the story be trusted at all? Find out in this lush, atmospheric fantasy novel that entwines love, lies, and sacrifice.

Long ago, a village made a bargain with the devil: to ensure their prosperity, when the Slaughter Moon rises, the village must sacrifice a young man into the depths of the Devil’s Forest.

Only this year, the Slaughter Moon has risen early.

Bound by duty, secrets, and the love they share for one another, Mairwen, a spirited witch; Rhun, the expected saint; and Arthur, a restless outcast, will each have a role to play as the devil demands a body to fill the bargain. But the devil these friends find is not the one they expect, and the lies they uncover will turn their town—and their hearts—inside out.





Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:
A witch's promise to the devil. It just sounds like this will be really good. What is the secret and who is the next victim for the town. I really want to read this one, it just sounds like I would love it. 




What is your CWW?

28 comments:

  1. I can't wait for a new book by S Maas

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I forgot this was due out! Its been on my most anticipated for ages! Tgabk for reminding me, I need to go preorder a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! I'm going to add it to my TBR right now! Love the cover as well! I hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted this one ever since I saw the word "witch!" Can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been anticipating this one, too! Should make a perfect Halloween read!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover and what a creepy tag line! Maybe a good Halloween read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting and scary! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds a lot like Naomi Novik's Uprooted.I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cover on that one! I am definitely intrigued, and I hope it’s in your hands soon!

    Www.jennifertarheelreader.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at witch. I will definitely be adding this to my wish list. I love anything related to witches. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does sound like a fantastic book! I am also really drawn to that gorgeous cover. One more thriller to add to my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have already read some awesome reviews of this book, so I'm pretty sure you will love it. Great choice! And thanks for visiting my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds really interesting. and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice! It really does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds really interesting. Hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sunds super creepy, but --- witches! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pops of red on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, this sounds like a great read! Especially with Halloween coming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to this book too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! This is a very unusual, intriguing plot! And that cover sure rocks, in spite of its simplicity! I'm adding this one to my GR shelves right away! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    Thanks as well for commenting on my own CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this sounds creepy and definitely different! A perfect Halloween-y read.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cover reminds me of the perfume movie poster

    ReplyDelete
  23. This one sounds like an exciting and fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang