Sunday, July 22, 2018

#SundayRoundup of #Books #Week 28!!



Welcome to the #SundayRoundup #28

On the homefront:
Ughh this week has been a bit rough for me. Spent a few days at my brothers that completely threw off my week. My hubby had vacation last week and was busy doing things we have been neglecting around the house. Thank god he is handy, as I am not. 
Thursday, as I was coming home from picking up my daughter from my brothers (she stayed at his house for two weeks) to help him, my car died. DEAD. KAPUT. DONE. 
UGHH - my hubby is a mechanic and the motor blew up. We don't have a spare motor for it and well... didn't want to spend a few thousand to get a new one. So, we had to find a new car. I drive to school over a hour each way a day. We usually have a spare hanging around and right now we are empty (so to speak). So, we went and got a new used car. We did not do this lightly as we don't like payments and haven't had a payment on a car for over 10 years. We both agreed that we need more than one car and borrowing other people's cars will not work long term. We got an amazing deal on this used one and couldn't resist! Plus, if we did get a used motor well...what else would we need a little bit down the road and how many miles would it have on it. Anway, we decided after shopping online and in person decided the best way to go was to get a newer used car. My hubby knowing the owner of the used car lot gave us a great deal! 

OMG - I LOVE IT!
Kia Sportage

Things I know:
Not everything is as it seems. You don't know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. Don't assume you do. 

School Front:
I am in the final two weeks of this semester and I am happy about that. I am in the home stretch, so to speak, lots of final exams coming up. I am hoping that my hard work will pay off and nothing goes wrong at the end here. Finals start next week. Oh yay! 

Blog:
Got another review up this week, as last weekend I tried to write up a few and have at least one up a week. I am really looking forward to reading a lot on my break! I still need to play around with my design and August will be a good time to try and see if I can figure that out. 

Can you believe July is almost over! Holy Moly!


 As you know - Each week I take part in 
Stacking My Shelves by Tynga's Reviews &
The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Reviewer!


----  MY WONDERFUL WEEK IN BOOKS ----



Books I Won/Cool Freebie:
~Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!~


Some Cool Prime Day Freebies:


  I did not grab the children's book. So there was 6 altogether.
 I didn't know that every month you could get a free book from Kindle as long as it's the editors pick. A new release free every month. I have been a member of prime since they started it...Umm hello why did no one tell me about that little gem? I wonder what else I don't know about prime.


Some Cool NetGalley's I Grabbed:
Thank you NETGALLEY!!


Audiobooks I purchased:


Reviews this Week:
Click the picture to read my review! =)


Books I'm (STILL) Reading:



Bookstagram:



Shinedown - Simple Man!
Please if you know someone who is thinking of Suicide, please get them help. 

30 comments:

  1. congrats on your new car. not the situation though. i agree with you about walking in someone elses shoes. will be praying for this next week for school for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new car! I'm sorry it was kind of a forced decision, but it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mary I am sorry for your car problems but you are so right the new one is so cool!!!! I hope next week will go by better. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have you have a great week too Sophie! Enjoy your holiday!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the car! It looks great.

    I also have Beautiful Exiles waiting on Pippa...hope to read it soon!

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog; have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice car. I'm sorry the other one quit but it's good to get one from someone you know. Then you have an idea of it's history. Enjoy!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and they have carfax now so there is no hiding from that. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the new car! It's so pretty! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have never owned a white car before. Usually blue or black. So that's new for me.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the car! It's beautiful!

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to remedy the car situation. Vehicle problems suck and I know firsthand what a pain in the butt they can be. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, yes being stuck was scary. But glad it worked out.

      Delete
  9. I also got the Prime Day freebie! I hope the new car works out well for you I got a used Chevy Volt the first of the year to replace a 12 year old minivan. My Volt is a hybrid and goes about 50 miles a day on electric so I've only got gas on 4 long trips this year. Anne- Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had mine for about 6 and it was used and put together again. So used, used. I hope your Chevy is working out well for you. Mine is not a hybrid. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the new car! Looks nice! And good luck with finals too...

    Ooh Extinct looks chilling (ha ha)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good and I want to read the rest in the series. I have read two already and it was great. Thanks and have a great week!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the new car! Sorry you were forced to get it, though. Good luck with the exams. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stressful week! It sounds like everything turned out pretty well, though. I hope you love your new-to-you car! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn out ok. Thanks and so far so good. Have a great week!

      Delete
  13. Sorry to hear about your old car dying. The new car looks amazing though so I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    Good luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't beleve that we're in the second half of this year. Time is just going so fast and I'm too slow to keep up! I hope you do ok with your car after all the hassle you've went through. And that is a really cute beagle on the book cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is flying WTH! So far so good. We have it fully covered so all should be ok. =) Have a great week!

      Delete
  15. So sorry to hear about the car! We had something similar happen to us a couple of years ago. We had gone years and years without a payment but my car was starting to need some work and we decided to replace it before it was a good money after bad situation. 2 months later my husband's truck died! So we went from 0 car payments to 2. I was not happy! The fun of having something new almost makes up for the payment situation! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice car! I love Kias. My experience of them has been they're amazing cars and really reliable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang