Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...What the Woods Keep by Katya De Becerra!! #books #WOW #CWW #bookworms #booknerds



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here, at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.



What the Woods Keep is the stunning debut of Katya de Becerra, who combines mystery, science fiction, and dark fantasy in a twisty story that will keep you mesmerized right up to the final page.

On her eighteenth birthday, Hayden inherits her childhood home—on the condition that she uncover its dark secrets.

Hayden tried to put the past behind her, and it worked. She's getting ready for college, living in a Brooklyn apartment, and hanging out with her best friend and roommate Del. But now it's all catching up with her: her mother's mysterious disappearance a decade before, her father's outlandish theories about a lost supernatural race, and Hayden's own dark dreams of strange symbols and rituals in the Colorado woods where she grew up.

As soon as Hayden arrives at her hometown, her friend Del in tow, it begins: Neighbors whisper secrets about Hayden's mother; the boy next door is now all grown-up in a very distracting way; and Hayden feels the trees calling to her. And among them, deep in the woods, Hayden will discover something incredible—something that threatens reality itself.




Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:
This sounds like a great Sci-Fi/Fantasy read. Creepy things in the woods - YES! What are her dreams telling her? Why are the trees calling to her? I totally want to read this one. I don't read enough Sci-Fi or Fantasy for that matter so it would be nice to branch out a bit to those genres.




What is your CWW?

25 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this book with the woods calling and the paranormal elements. I just hope it isn't ruined by a dumb romance thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so creepy. will be a great read when in that mood. adding to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this does sound good! Thanks for featuring it. I'll put it on my list to watch for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this one... Thank you for sharing it, Mary - and swinging by my site:)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Sci-Fi Fantasy and this absolutely looks amazing. Yes, gimme please. Pretty much yes, to everything about this for sure.

    Found your blog through Wishful Ending's, Can't-Wait Wednesday's and I'm definitely following you for sure. :)

    Stop by my blog and check out my Wishful Wednesday's post.
    Suz @ Bookish Revelations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured this some time ago so I'm eagerly awaiting it as well. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound like a great sci-fi! I am going to add it to my TBR, for sure! Thank you so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three of my favorite genres . . . I don't think I can resist this one either! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh a lost race, supernatural stuff- sounds mysterious and spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to be scared.. spooked

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this one, but I love the sound of it. Adding it to my TBR. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really does sound creepy. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, I am very much intrigued by this book! I don't usually read stuff like this (with a kind of creepy mystery vibe), but the fantasy and SF elements have hooked me! So I'm adding this one to my Goodreads shelves right away!! Thanks for featuring this book!!

    Thanks as well for commenting on my own CWW post!! (Sorry for the late comment back.... :(

    Enjoy your Sunday!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh yes please I need this book in my life I am so added this book on my Amazon wishlist, great pick I hope you enjoy this book when it comes out. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post last week my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang