Sunday, April 15, 2018

#SundayRoundup of #Books #Week #14 #SuicideAwareness #SuicidePrevention


Hello Again 
&
Welcome to the #SundayRoundup #14

Hello and welcome to my weekly Sunday Roundup. Today, I would like to talk a little about something that has recently shook my foundation to the core. I am still taking things one day at a time. 

On March 31, 2018 my sister took her own life, she was only 45 years old. While devastating (understatement) for me, my family and my children, she did it so suddenly, in a horrible way and without warning to her family (she didn't reach out to anyone of us)  and she was my only sister. All her life, I believe, she has suffered from mental health issues - which she was being treated for - but those demons would never let her go and she had many attempts before this one.

I am not telling you this story to make you say - Sorry for your loss (please don't even say it) - I am telling you this so you look within your own family and your friends to make sure they get help. 


GET THEM HELP! 

We did, she did, but it was just never enough - help. I pray that she has finally found the peace she was always seeking in this life.  Until something like this happens to you - you can just never know how painful it is.  NEVER.  I didn't have a clue till it happened to me and my family. 

Please if you are thinking of suicide - get help - call someone - if you know of someone who is thinking of suicide - GET THEM HELP! It's too late for my sister - please, don't let it be to late for yours. 

This post along with every other #SundayRoundup post will have a Suicide Prevention picture on it, in remembrance of my sister.  To remind us all of the love ones lost because of feeling hopeless. Be A Lifeline.





 As you know - Each week I take part in 
Stacking My Shelves by Tynga's Reviews &
The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Reviewer!



NO BOOKS THIS WEEK.  I will continue with them next week.





Song of the week

I haven't found the song or the thing that will remind me most of her. But this one helps me a bit. 




14 comments:

  1. I won't say those words, but I can relate to the experience, since my gorgeous nephew took his own life at 22. He was suffering from PTSD (we later found out) after a tour in Iraq, and nobody in the military did anything to help! His family had no idea, since he lived so far away.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 You and your family are in my thoughts. :hugs:
    Thank you for sharing her story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain and the helplessness that comes from not being able to help. My Uncle left behind two beautiful children because he couldn't handle the pain his own mental issues caused him. Like your sister he didn't reach out to anyone in the family. I hope people listen to your message and reach out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is/was suicidal and we took family therapy and I KNOW that you can't stop it. Its a mental illness. No one thing forces them to do this. They have a where/when/how plan always at the back of their minds apparently. Sure there are lots of internet news stories of the kids being bullied (I was bullied but I haven't wanted to end it nor have I gone out and gone postal) Rich people kill themselves all the time (lead singer of Linkin Park, Robin Willians the funny man)..pretty sure they had all they could have in life except whatever was ailing them in their minds....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful remembrance and a very important message. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing with us, and yeah, I am crying for you. So sorry. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a close family member at one time who was suicidal and it was absolutely terrifying. You never knew if something was going to happen, in spite of them getting help? Thank you for sharing this, you're absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Thank you for sharing some of your memories through photos with us and for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your story. I know something this tragic and personal is hard to share. I think your story should be heard so others may be saved. My heart and thoughts and prayer to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers and thoughts your way. My only sister also suffers from mental health so I know how it feels to go through the journey with your loved ones. Thinking of you and your family through this traumatic time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss. My family has also been touched by suicide so I can understand some of the pain you're going through. Thank you for sharing your story and don't neglect yourself either. In my experience grief from this kind of loss is complicated and can be so hard to live with at times. I hope you're taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your story. This is an issue that can seem so abstract and far-away, until we hear personal narratives.
    Words fall short here for me; you're in my thoughts, and I'm sending hugs upon hugs your way.
    --Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a heartbreaking thing all around. Hopefully many will take this to heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang