Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...Devils Unto Dust by Emma Berquist #YA #Horror


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here, at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.


Title: Devils Unto Dust
Author: Emma Berquist
Genre: YA, Horror, Western
Length: 496 pages
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: April 10, 2018

Book Description:

Ten years ago, a horrifying disease began spreading across the West Texas desert. Infected people—shakes—attacked the living and created havoc and destruction. No one has ever survived the infection. Daisy Wilcox, known as Willie, has been protecting her siblings within the relatively safe walls of Glory, Texas. When Willie’s good-for-nothing father steals a fortune from one of the most dangerous shake-hunters in town, she finds herself on the hook for his debt. With two hunters, including the gruff and handsome Ben, to accompany her, she sets out across the desert in search of her father. But the desert is not kind to travelers, and not everyone will pass through alive.

Western meets horror for this riveting story about survival, family, and inner strength. Tense, short chapters propel readers from one action-packed scene to the next, while Willie’s distinctive, introspective voice deepens the emotional stakes with every turn of the page. High concept and character-driven, Emma Berquist’s debut will satisfy fans of The Magnificent Seven, Rae Carson’s Walk on Earth a Stranger, and HBO’s Westworld.



Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:
As you know I do enjoy a good horror. This blurb has me intrigued and seems like a coming of age, responsibility and a western to boot. I don't think I have ever read a YA western/horror. So this interests me greatly. It says in the blurb it's action packed from one chapter to the next....Yes, please. Sign me up!



What is your CWW?




44 comments:

  1. I think that is a pretty interesting cover, giving the idea of both the harsh setting and the bloody nature of the disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to read this one - just so it answers all the questions I have from the blurb alone.

      Delete
  2. I do not think I have ever seen a YA Western/Horror. I hope you enjoy if get a chance to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first I have ever seen one myself! I hope so too!

      Delete
  3. I wonder what caused the disease in the first place? Definitely curious about this one, and it blending western and horror together, sounds good to me. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad this one is finally coming out. It seems like I featured it FOREVER ago. So excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently finished this book and totally loved it. I hope you get it soon and I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen on goodreads a lot of 4/5 star reviews so that is promising! I hope I get to get it soon! =) Glad you enjoy it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, I really like it and it's a YA horror so usually it's not bloody which I like.

      Delete
  7. Sounds interesting, I don't read horror very often but ever now and then it's good to try :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always good to get out of our usual picks once and awhile - shake it up.

      Delete
  8. I don't read a ton of horror, but this sounds so interesting! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, since this one is set in Texas, I think I'm obligated to try it, right? I mean - I need to know what's coming or going in my home state. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never read a YA horror/western either! I have read a few westerns that were a lot of fun to read. Sounds like a really unique and interesting book! I will have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw it was a western - I had to CWW it. I just thought that was awesome. Good, I hope you get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  11. Holy heck, a horror Western? The cover got me first, and the rest ... Not sure if I will be able to sleep after reading that one *lol* Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes
    Vi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well you never know - it should be a light horror since it is a YA book.

      Delete
  12. It's been SO LONG since I've read a really good horror novel! I'm intrigued that it's like a horror western and hope it ends up as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Yes, I think it is pretty cool also. Of course that is the first thing that intrigued me about the book then the blurb had me.

      Delete
  14. I've seen this book around but I never really read the story description. Wow, it definitely sounds like something I'd love! Thanks so much for sharing and visiting my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope we both get a chance to check this one out! You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by mine as well.

      Delete
  15. It is true horror? I'm a bit of a wuss - but I love the sound of the western YA - I hope you enjoy it, Mary and thank you so much for swinging by to my site:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's fictional - I loved it being a western YA also. You're welcome thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  16. This looks like an interesting and fun read. I’m not really a fan of horror books, but I do love watching horror movies. Not sure why I can’t get into read them, but I’ll definitely add this on my TBR and check it out! Happy reading! – sincerelykarenjo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope you get a chance to try it out and see if you like it. =)

      Delete
  17. Ooh this sounds so good! I'm definitely intrigued by it and am adding it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I am glad you like it. I hope you get a chance to read it too.

      Delete
  18. I like the sound of this one. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not 100% sold on westerns but I like everything else it has going for it and I'm always up to try something new ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA and western I don't think I have ever read it, so this one had me at that. =)

      Delete
  20. I don't read much horror, but I have to admit that blurb has me very tempted! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh great pick, this is the first time I have heard about this book and it looks and sounds absolutely amazing and very intriguing. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Western meets horror? Interesting combo! I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've seen this cover around but never knew what it was about! It sounds really interesting! I hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I added this to my wishlist after reading a few reviews. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary! Sorry for getting back to you so late. :) I'm really glad I did though, because this sounds great! I just might use this for a WoW in the future. ;D Also, I see you are close to finishing your goodreads goal already! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang