Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday - Waiting for...Awakened by James S. Murray & Darren Wearmouth #Thriller




Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here, at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.


Title: Awakened
Author: James S. Murray, Darren Wearmouth
Genre: Thriller. Suspense, Mystery
Length: 288 pagesPublisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: June 26, 2018
Links: AmazonGoodreads
Connect with the Author: Website




Book Description:

The star of truTV’s hit show Impractical Jokers—alongside veteran sci-fi and horror writer Darren Wearmouth—delivers a chilling and wickedly fun supernatural novel in the vein of The Strain, in which a beautiful new subway line in New York City unearths an ancient dark horror that threatens the city’s utter destruction and the balance of civilization itself.
After years of waiting, New York's newest subway line is finally ready, an express train that connects the city with the burgeoning communities across the Hudson River. The shining jewel of this state-of-the-art line is a breathtaking visitors’ pavilion beneath the river.  Major dignitaries, including New York City’s Mayor and the President of the United States, are in attendance for the inaugural run, as the first train slowly pulls in.
Under the station’s bright ceiling lights, the shiny silver cars gleam. But as the train comes closer into view, a far different scene becomes visible.
All the train’s cars are empty.
All the cars’ interiors are drenched in blood.
As chaos descends, all those in the pavilion scramble to get out. But the horror is only beginning. High levels of deadly methane fill the tunnels. The structure begins to flood. For those who don’t drown, choke or spark an explosion, another terrifying danger awaits—the thing that killed all those people on the train. It’s out there…and it’s coming.
There's something living beneath New York City, and it's not happy we've woken it up.

Why I Can't Wait Wednesday:
I really love Thrillers/Suspense/Mystery books and the fact that this is coming from the funniest of the four impractical jokers (yes, we love that show) means I have to read it! I am a sucker for a thriller to begin with and this one sounds like I would really like it. I am hoping this team is as good as I think they are also. Darren is a well established writer. James is newer. I really want to read this and was going to pre-order it but I don't know if they are still giving away signed bookmarks. I was trying to get one but never received and answer back! I hope I do hear from them about it. 

What is your Can't Wait Wednesday?

Happy Reading!


44 comments:

  1. I hear you about Thrillers/mysteries! I love a great thriller, I hope that you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that would be a picture - all the cars drenched in blood. Think this might be worth a look. Plus mysteries - I'm all about the mysteries. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this sounds good..and of course I want to know what is down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I want to know what is living below New York now! Love the sounds of this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some place I can relate to also. I lived right across the water from NYC for a long time!

      Delete
  5. I only heard about this the other week and already can't wait to read it! It sounds really good! :D

    Here's my Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait either. I hope you get your hands on it also.

      Delete
  6. I think I'll probably pick this one up but I'm going to have to ignore that it's written by one of the Impractical Jokers. I HATE that show and my husband tortures me with it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sorry, I do like them a lot. But, I love thrillers more. =)

      Delete
  7. I love a good Thriller and this one sounds like it is going to be a great one. I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great - I hope you enjoy it:) Thank you for popping by my site and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like a good thriller as well, and I have a soft spot for books set in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too because I come from right over the bridge. I can't wait for this one.

      Delete
  10. Im always in search for a great adventure to send me into another world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so good. I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a sucker for both a New York City setting and a great thriller so thanks for putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a spot for them myself. I like reading about places I have been and this being a thriller is just a big plus!

      Delete
  13. This sounds like quite an intense thriller! I really enjoy books that seem action-packed like this one. I will have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy the show as well. Hope this is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice, I had this as a Wow pick a couple of weeks ago:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! So we are in the same boat. I hope we both get that chance to read it soon.

      Delete
  16. Sounds interesting. Hope there's some humor in it to offset the scary parts. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be kinda cool, I never thought of that. I like my heart racing but add in some humor and that might be a 5 star book!

      Delete
  17. This sound utterly, absolutely creepy *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know thats why I like it so much just from the blurb. I hope it's as creepy as it sounds.

      Delete
  18. This sounds really awesome and thrilling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh this sounds SO good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thumps up that you´ll get an ARC. Sounds like a great thriller. At least the cover is very promising. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog.

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds really good! My favorite genre.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This book sounds awesome! My favorite genre!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoy books like this too, Mary! I will definitely have to look for this one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang