Friday, July 5, 2019

#BookTour & #Excerpt for WHERE TO? How I Shed My Baggage and Learned to Live Free by Jennifer B. Monahan!! @SpiritEvol #Memoir @pumpupyourbook #Autobiography #books #bookworms #



WHERE TO? HOW I SHED MY BAGGAGE AND LEARNED TO LIVE FREE 

By Jennifer B. Monahan

* Memoir *


Title: WHERE TO? HOW I SHED MY BAGGAGE AND LEARNED TO LIVE FREE

Author: Jennifer B. Monahan

Publisher: Spirit Evolution

Pages: 234

Genre: Memoir





When Jennifer Monahan announced her intention to leave her
well-established career as a business strategy consultant and give up
her rent-controlled apartment in San Francisco to do a global walkabout
for an undetermined amount of time, her friends and family thought she
was insane. But Jennifer was excited about taking the time to truly
explore and immerse herself in a variety of cultures, so their
skepticism didn’t faze her; plus she was used to traveling alone as a
woman with only one carry-on bag. What she didn’t count on was
discovering all the excess baggage she had been carrying with her from
her past.




WHERE TO? chronicles one year of Monahan’s life, primarily in the
Guatemalan jungle, but also in Japan, Cambodia, and Thailand. Living in a
thatched-roof hut in a tiny village, Monahan connected with local
shamans and participated in their ancient rituals became fully
integrated into the daily life of a local family, and ultimately faced
down some of the greatest losses and long-buried pain she had
experienced. WHERE TO? shares the six steps she took to heal and
courageously create the life of her dreams and includes a workbook for
readers to do the same.




“Some memoirs tell us stories and open up worlds we never knew,
but some open up places in our own hearts and souls that we have wanted
to explore and have never given ourselves the chance to do so. Where To?
How I Shed My Baggage and Learned to Live Free by Jennifer B. Monahan
belongs to the second category of memoirs…While it reads like the memoir
of a woman who takes the courage to explore the world, this memoir has
powerful spiritual hints. In fact, it is the story of a soul in search
of itself. Where To? is a spiritual testament, a book that describes a
journey towards inner freedom and authenticity. Many readers will feel
the resonance of Jennifer’s story in their own lives.” 



– Christian Sia, Reader’s Favorite Book Reviews

______________________






March 1, 2017
The roars of a howler monkey outside the window of my
thatched-roof hut woke me up at 4 a.m.
It was my second night sleeping in the jungle of El Remate, Peten,
Guatemala, and I was
still adjusting to all the animal noises. As I lay awake, I thought about what
a blur the past two weeks had been.

I finished up my book tour for This Trip will Change Your Life: A Shaman’s Story of Spirit Evolution
in Connecticut and New
Hampshire amidst the first major snowstorms of 2017.
I flew home to San Francisco,
packed up the last of my belongings and put everything in storage, turned in
the keys for my apartment to my landlord, and then flew to Guatemala.
My plan was to spend three months in Guatemala
while writing my next book, and then travel around for
another three months or so before returning to San
Francisco.

What made me move here?

Well, in November 2014, I was hit by a minivan while walking
across the street. I was out of work for a little over three months, on
crutches for eight months, and wearing some form of a cast for fourteen months.
My doctor didn’t think I’d walk without either surgery or a crutch or brace for
the rest of my life, but I happily proved her wrong, mainly because of the
shamanic work I did on myself while I was healing.

Since I was stuck on my couch for about six months, I had
plenty of time to think. I realized that I wanted to live life on my terms, the
way I wanted to, rather than following a prescribed path about how I should
live, work, and be. I wanted to follow my heart and my life calling, and I knew
that would require me to make some major changes to my life. In short, I wanted
to live authentically.

Living authentically isn’t easy. It should be, but there are
so many things that hold us back. For me to get to this place, and truly know
who I am, I had to do quite a bit of work over a period of several years,
including:

·     
Releasing personas that I’d
adopted in life that no longer served me
·     
Identifying limiting beliefs that
really weren’t relevant
·     
Discovering who I am and what
makes me unique
·     
Figuring out my life purpose
·     
Learning to tap into my own
personal power and trust, and
·     
Following my heart

Once I knew myself better, my path became clearer and I was
able to move ahead…or, in this case, to Guatemala.








































 









Jennifer B. Monahan is a business strategy consultant, shaman and
coach who helps people all over the world live courageous lives. Her
first book, This Trip Will Change Your Life: A Shaman’s Story of Spirit Evolution
(She Writes Press, 2016), has won six literary awards, including two
first-place Body, Mind, Spirit Book Awards and a 2017 National Indie
Excellence Award. Her second book, Where To? How I Shed My Baggage and Learned to Live Free,
was published in April 2019, and describes her personal journey through
Guatemala, Japan, Cambodia and Thailand as she faces down some of the
greatest losses in her life.




She is a regular contributor to Medium.com, Sivana East, and has had
articles published on MindBodyGreen.com and Inc.com. Her podcast, Living
A Courageously Authentic Life, can be found on BlogTalkRadio.com, and
focuses on a variety of topics to help others be true to themselves.


She holds a BA in Mass Communications from the University of
Bridgeport (CT), an MBA in Marketing from the University of Connecticut,
a Masters in Natural Health from Clayton College, and completed an
accredited coaching program through Coach U. Her shamanic training began
with a Mayan shaman in Mexico and then expanded to include shamans in
Guatemala and her own personal guides.




She currently splits her time between the United States and Guatemala
when not traveling and is in the process of writing her third book, a
handbook for people looking to define, create and live their
courageously authentic life. You can find her online at
www.SpiritEvolution.co.


WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: www.SpiritEvolution.co


Blog: https://spiritevolution.co/blog-2/


Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SpiritEvol


Facebook: www.facebook.com/SpiritEvol  and   www.facebook.com/JenniferMonahanAuthor




http://www.pumpupyourbook.com

3 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang