Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters!! @catwinters #books #YA #Historical #AmuletBooks #WOW #Retellings #CWW #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers




Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.



Title: The Raven's Tale
Author: Cat Winters
Genre: YA, Historical, Retellings
Publisher: Amulet Books
Publication Date: April 16, 2019

Blurb:


Seventeen-year-old Edgar Poe counts down the days until he can escape his foster family—the wealthy Allans of Richmond, Virginia. He hungers for his upcoming life as a student at the prestigious new university, almost as much as he longs to marry his beloved Elmira Royster. However, on the brink of his departure, all his plans go awry when a macabre Muse named Lenore appears to him. Muses are frightful creatures that lead Artists down a path of ruin and disgrace, and no respectable person could possibly understand or accept them. But Lenore steps out of the shadows with one request: “Let them see me!” 



Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:

I can't wait to read this retelling of Edgar Allan Poe. This sounds like it will be amazing! I can't wait!





What is your CWW this week?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely awesome!

    Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post. Hope you're having a great week! Happy Hump Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fantastic historical! I will have to check it out as well. Thanks so much for sharing it, Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so into retellings this year, I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome. I love The Raven so I'd be interested to know how this plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks really cool. I love retellings and I've always been tempted to try Poe, so this might be a really nice introduction. 😊
    My WOW and WWW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky enough to get this in the mail yesterday and it is such a beautiful book. I hope you get the chance to read it!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad this will be out soon. I featured a Poe related book today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh! I love the cover to this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a fan of Poe, I love this! Here is my post https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2019/03/cant-wait-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to read this book. I've genuinely wanted some Edgar Allan Poe-inspired stories, so this one has made me super excited. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't read a lot of historicals, but I am curious about how Winters will execute this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to know all about this Muse now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang