Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...The Cold Is In Her Bones by Peternelle van Arsdale!! @peternelleva #books #YA @simonteen #Fantasy #WOW #CWW #retellings #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers




Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.



Title: The Cold Is In Her Bones
Author: Peternelle van Arsdale
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Retellings
Publisher: Simon Teen
Publication Date: January 22, 2019

Blurb:


Milla knows two things to be true: Demons are real, and fear will keep her safe.

Milla’s whole world is her family’s farm. She is never allowed to travel to the village and her only friend is her beloved older brother, Niklas. When a bright-eyed girl named Iris comes to stay, Milla hopes her loneliness might finally be coming to an end. But Iris has a secret she’s forbidden to share: The village is cursed by a demon who possesses girls at random, and the townspeople live in terror of who it will come for next.

Now, it seems, the demon has come for Iris. When Iris is captured and imprisoned with other possessed girls, Milla leaves home to rescue her and break the curse forever. Her only company on the journey is a terrible new secret of her own: Milla is changing, too, and may soon be a demon herself.



Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:

This sounds really interesting with the demons but I am unsure what type of retelling this is. I want to see how Milla rescues Iris. I will have to pick this one up. 




What is your CWW this week?

9 comments:

  1. When I saw that the genre was retelling, I was interested, but yeah, I'm not sure what it's a retelling of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I was going to say the same! :) After reading the blurb I'm not sure what retelling it is either! But they had me at " a demon who possesses girls" and the cover is gorgeous AND the title intriguing! Hope you love Mary! Looking forward to the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With such a beautiful cover and an interesting plot consider me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen some mixed reviews but I still want to read this one. I'm really wanting to see how the whole Medusa thing ties in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a WOW for this book too. The reviews are all over the place but I think I would still want to read it myself because you never know! :)
    Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is popping up frequently these last days Mary! Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember this one capturing my eye, because that cover is quite lovely, but demons are not really my thing. I like warm and fuzzy. However, it does sound like quite an interesting story, and I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang