Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon! @rlynn_solomon #books #YA #Romance @simonteen #WOW #CWW #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers




Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.



Title: Our Year Of Maybe
Author: Rachel Lynn Solomon
Genre: YA, Romance, LGBT
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: January 15, 2019

Blurb:


Aspiring choreographer Sophie Orenstein would do anything for Peter Rosenthal-Porter, who’s been on the kidney transplant list as long as she’s known him. Peter, a gifted pianist, is everything to Sophie: best friend, musical collaborator, secret crush. When she learns she’s a match, donating a kidney is an easy, obvious choice. She can’t help wondering if, after the transplant, he’ll love her back the way she’s always wanted.

But Peter’s life post-transplant isn’t what either of them expected. Though he once had feelings for Sophie too, he’s now drawn to Chase, the guitarist in a band that happens to be looking for a keyboardist. And while neglected parts of Sophie’s world are calling to her—dance opportunities, new friends, a sister and niece she barely knows—she longs for a now-distant Peter more than ever, growing increasingly bitter he doesn’t seem to feel the same connection.

Peter fears he’ll forever be indebted to her. Sophie isn’t sure who she is without him. Then one blurry, heartbreaking night twists their relationship into something neither of them recognizes, leading them to question their past, their future, and whether their friendship is even worth fighting for.




Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:

I love the aspect of a kidney transplant and the fallout from it. I wonder what is going to happen with Peter and Sophie. This sounds like a great book.  





What is your CWW this week?


15 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this one around a lot; I have to admit, the idea of donating a kidney in hopes that person will fall in love with you doesn't sit totally well with me, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a poor teen choice and I would like to see where it goes. =)

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure about the premise, but the cover is super pretty! I hope you enjoy it! :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and she has some great pre-orders for it too. So I just might get it.

      Delete
  3. Pretty cover. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is really pretty one of the reasons why I want to read it.

      Delete
  4. Oooh! What an interesting concept for a novel. I have a feeling that it is going to be quite an emotional read. Definitely one for my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be emotional also. I just think it sounds kind of unique with the donation of the kidney.

      Delete
  5. This does sound good! Sounds kind of bittersweet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the right word for it - bittersweet. But, makes them grow up also.

      Delete
  6. Solomon seems to leave me an emotional mess. This book was great, but sort of bittersweet. I am pretty sure I gave it 5-stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy it when you read it Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang