Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...The Lonely Dead by April Henry!! @aprilhenrybooks #books #YA @HenryHolt #Mystery #WOW #CWW #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers




Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.





Title: The Lonely Dead
Author: April Henry
Genre: YA, Thriller, Mystery
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Publication Date: January 29, 2019

Blurb:


A killer is on the loose, and only one girl has the power to find him. But in this genre-bending YA thriller, she must first manage to avoid becoming a target herself.
For Adele, the dead aren’t really dead. She can see them and even talk to them. But she’s spent years denying her gift. When she encounters her ex-best friend Tori in a shallow grave in the woods and realizes that Tori is actually dead -- that gift turns into a curse. Without an alibi, Adele becomes the prime suspect in Tori’s murder. She must work with Tori’s ghost to find the real killer. But what if the killer finds Adele first?
In The Lonely Dead, master mystery writer April Henry adds a chilling paranormal twist to this incredibly suspenseful young adult novel.

A Christy Ottaviano Book





Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:
First off, I have read a few of April Henry's mysteries and they are great. So this one is another that I want to read as I know the writing will be fabulous and will drag me into this mystery. I should put her on my auto-buy list. 




What is your CWW?


10 comments:

  1. The book cover looks like a modern thriller cover but the blurb doesn't seem to match that which is a little puzzling! It sounds like one of those fantasy court things. Hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was half sleeping and had the wrong blurb, I fixed it. Sorry about that. Oh, it's starting to be one of those days already. =)

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this author before, but this sounds like an intriguing mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure this one is for me, but I do hope that you enjoy it! Have a great week!

    CWW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We know

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new-to-me author. Hope you have a few other good books until then to make the wait seem shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wednesday features have been on point .. fantastic.. I really like your shares

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this book someplace and thought the synopsis sounded so cool. Great Pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I recognize April Henry- there was another book by her I wanted to read and I never did. She was one of the authors I wanted to try that I just haven't gotten to yet *sigh*. This one sounds great, and I love the sound of a paranormal twist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it's going to be a suspenseful read. I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang