Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Can't Wait #Wednesday...Waiting for...Words We Don't Say by K.J. Reilly!! @DisneyHyperion #books #YA #Contemporary #WOW #CWW #bookworms #booknerds #booklovers



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.




Title: Words We Don't Say
Author: K.J. Reilly
Genre: YA, Contemporary 
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: October 2, 2018

Blurb:

Joel Higgins has 901 unsent text messages saved on his phone.

Ever since the thing that happened, there are certain people he hasn't been able to talk to in person. Sure, he shows up at school, does his mandatory volunteer hours at the soup kitchen, and spends pretty much every moment thinking about Eli, the most amazing girl in the world. But that doesn't mean he's keeping it together, or even that he has any friends.

So instead of hanging out with people in real life, he drafts text messages. But he never presses send.

As dismal as the sophomore year was for Joel, he doesn't see how junior year will be any better. For starters, Eli doesn't know how he feels about her, his best friend Andy's gone, and he basically bombed the SATs. But as Joel spends more time at the soup kitchen with Eli and Benj, the new kid whose mouth seems to be unconnected to his brain, he forms bonds with the people they serve there-including a veteran they call Rooster-and begins to understand that the world is bigger than his own pain.
 






Why it's my Can't Wait Wednesday:
The fact that Joel has that many texts to the one he cares about, is just adorable. I would like to see what is behind this contemporary. It has me interested in his life, as he is in his junior year, and works at a soup kitchen. I think this will be a very interesting book. 





What is your CWW?

12 comments:

  1. Hope you'll enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I want to know what happened to Joel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound absolutely adorable! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well yes why does he have so many unsent text messages? Fingers crossed you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one until now. I hope it ends up being an enjoyable contemporary for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very interesting, definitely have to check it out.
    @tisonlyme143

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am intrigued. What was the "thing" that happened?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds deep, I think i would enjoy reading such a book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I have heard of this one, but it does sound good. I will have to keep my eye out it. Thank you for bringing this one to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang