Monday, July 2, 2018

#Summer #TBR #WIPEOUT 2018!! #Blog Post #1



I am participating in The Candid Cover's TRB Wipeout Challenge 2018!

This is my first time participating and it runs from July into August. Even tho I am in school and dedicate most of my time to that. I want to challenge myself to read more and this is the best way to do it. I plan on reading 4 in the month of July and another 4-8 for that beginning part of August! That way I have a good 10-12 at the end of this challenge and to get some of my TBR list off my bookshelf!


My plan, should I accept it, will be for:



1. Asylum by Madeleine Roux: In Asylum, sixteen-year-old Dan discovers that his summer-program dorm used to be a psychiatric hospital—and that it's filled with secrets linking Dan and his new friends to the asylum's dark past.


2. Sanctum by Madeleine Roux: In Sanctum, when Dan, Abby, and Jordan receive anonymous photos of an old carnival inviting them back to the asylum, they return to end the nightmare once and for all.
3. Catacomb by Madeleine Roux: In Catacomb, the three friends embark on a senior road trip to New Orleans, but with a mysterious group known as the Bone Artists on their trail, they will be lucky to make it out of the trip alive…
***One thing you should know about me, I LOVE ghost stories, asylum type, spooky reads. I don't need the blood, guts or gore but LOVE to read these types of books. So I am really, really looking forward to getting these read!*** 

4. The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn: In this book, Anna Fox lives alone—a recluse in her New York City home, unable to venture outside. She spends her day drinking wine (maybe too much), watching old movies, recalling happier times . . . and spying on her neighbors.
Then the Russells move into the house across the way: a father, a mother, their teenage son. The perfect family. But when Anna, gazing out her window one night, sees something she shouldn’t, her world begins to crumble—and its shocking secrets are laid bare.
***Need I say more?? No, I really don't...***

5. Braja Born by Zoraida Cordova: In Braja Born, Three sisters. One spell. Countless dead.
***This is the only book that I am not sure I will read. It is a second in the series - I might get the first before I read this one. It is the reason I didn't count it. I have 12 counted and not 13.***


6. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon: In this book, The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true? 

***12 hours to change your fate and fall in love. I'm in!***


7. Furyborn by Claire Legrand: In Furyborn, As Rielle and Eliana fight in a cosmic war that spans millennia, their stories intersect, and the shocking connections between them ultimately determine the fate of their world―and of each other.

***Sadly, I have not given this one the time it deserves. I have had it for months WAY before it came out and I still WANT to read it.***

8. I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll: In this book, Ella Longfield overhears two attractive young men flirting with teenage girls on a train, she thinks nothing of it—until she realises they are fresh out of prison and her maternal instinct is put on high alert. But just as she’s decided to call for help, something stops her. The next day, she wakes up to the news that one of the girls—beautiful, green-eyed Anna Ballard—has disappeared.

***It makes me think - What would I do? Would I feel guilty? I want to know if they find Anna! I love a good mystery.***

9.  Awakened by James S. Murray & Dan Wearmouth: In Awakened, There's something living beneath New York City, and it's not happy we've woken it up.

***UMM, HELLO! Yes, I want to know what we have woken up! =)***

10. Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas: In this book, A woman who defies her time and a man who breaks every rule.

***I love historical romance and this one has high ratings from blogger friends. This is a must read for me!***

11. The Outsider by Stephen KingAs the investigation expands and horrifying answers begin to emerge, King’s propulsive story kicks into high gear, generating strong tension and almost unbearable suspense. Terry Maitland seems like a nice guy, but is he wearing another face? When the answer comes, it will shock you as only Stephen King can.

***This sounds like a gripping tale and really it's from SK. The Master of thrillers. I heard some awesome things about this book and so I added it to my list.***



Want to take part in this challenge?? 
Click on this picture to link up with The Candid Cover Challenge!

HERE IS THE SCHEDULE:

June 3- July 5: Sign-ups open!

Week of July 1st: Introductory post - This one!

Week of July 15th: Update post #1 - My Update #1!

Week of July 29th: Update post #2 - My Update #2!

Week of August 12th: Wrap-up post- How did your summer reading go? Did you wipeout some books from your summer TBR?


I hope you join me!



10 comments:

  1. I need to find out more about Awakened...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge! I'm doing it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! The only one I've read is Bruja Born and I did like it, but I liked the first one better. I'm curious about The Outsider.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sun is Also a Star is such a wonderful book and I hope that you love it! I am so happy that you are able to join us even though your schedule sounds busy. I find that the summer schedule has helped me in the past and I am hoping that I can keep up with everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing books, have to read the outsider

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read The Sun is Also a Star, I liked it better then Everything, Everything. I'm really curious about The Outsider. I keep seeing it every time I go to the store and I've wanted to pick it up but I've never read anything by King before.

    I hope you have a wonderful summer!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loll, I'm noticing more and more people who haven't read King's works nowadays. Thought I was in the minority :P

      Delete
  7. Shannon @ everkitty222@gmx.comJuly 18, 2018 at 2:50 AM

    I want to read Outsiders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was turned down for Bruja Born :P Didn't know it was a sequel though! And omg, you have Awakened?? I wanted the ARC for that!!! I'll have to buy it now I guess. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang