Friday, February 16, 2018

My 2018 #Audiobook #Challenge!! #ReadChallenges




I am joining the Audiobook Challenge. Up until last year - when my brother introduced me to audiobooks, I found that I loved to listen to them in the car and last year was the first year that I listened to a few books that way. So this year, I want to challenge myself and listen to some books. I am a BIG fan of Caffeinated Reviewer and notice she does a bunch of audiobook reviews and saw that she was doing this challenge so, I joined!

So here is the info:

The Audiobook Challenge is back for 2018!
Join Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer for the 6th year of audiobook fun.
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason - like driving, doing chores, working out, or just relaxing.
I hope all those new and old junkies can join us once again for The 2018 Audiobook Challenge.
Listening has never been better! Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY!
We will hold 2 updates with giveaways. First update will be June 30th, 2018 and the final update will be Dec 15, 2018.
There has never been a better time for reading with our ears ðŸ™‚
2018 Audiobook Challenge

Challenge Details

  • Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
  • Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2018 and last update in December 15, 2018.

Levels

  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
  • Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+

I am going for the Socially Awkward 15-20 this may change with time. 
I only listened to a few last year so this year I am hoping to do at least 15. 
Join me!



YOU can link up - HERE

My Goodreads shelf - AudioChallenge2018

My Goodreads shelf for TBR Challenge - #TakeControlTBR



Happy Reading!
Mary


Challenge Completed =
1. The Dead Key - D.M. Pulley - Finished - February 18, 2018
2. West Cork - Sam Bungey, Jennifer Forde - Finished - February 21, 2018
3. 77 Shadow Street - Dean Koontz - Finished - February 26, 2018
4. Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare - Finished - March 13, 2018
5. The Horror at Red Hook - H.P. Lovecraft - Finished - March 17, 2018
6. Beneath the Scarlet Sky - Mark Sullivan - Finished - March 23, 2018
7. Storm Warrior - Dani Harper - Finished - March 25, 2018

8. Stillhouse Lake - Rachel Caine - Finished - March 30, 2018
9. Wanted: A Monster Billionaire Romance - Jani Kay - Finished - April 2, 2018
10. The Black Echo - Michael Connelly - Finished - April 16, 2018
11. The Black Ice - Michael Connelly - Finished - May 1, 2018 
12. Killman Creek - Rachel Caine - Finished - July 16, 2018 
13. The List - Jade Chang - Finished - July 28, 2018 
14. Where There's Smoke - Kathy Coopmans - Finished - August 2, 2018
15. Shopping For A Billionaire - Julia Kent - Finished - August 4, 2018
16. Shopping For A Billionaire #2 - Julia Kent - Finished - August 4, 2018
17. Caraval - Stephanie Garber - Finished - August 7, 2018
18. Zach - Lilly Atlas - Finished - August 9, 2018
19. Shopping For a Billionaire #3 - Julia Kent - Finished - August 11, 2018
20. Angelfall - Susan Ee - Finished - August 13, 2018
21. Their Vampire Princess - Harlow Thomas/Anastasia James - Finished - August 15, 2018
22. The Woman in the Window - A.J. Finn - Finished - September 19, 2018
23. My Sister's Grave - Robert Dugoni - Finished - October 31, 2018
24. Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein - Kiersten White - Finished - November 9, 2018
25. Brave New Girl - Rachel Vincent - Finished - November 15, 2018
26. Strange New World - Rachel Vincent - Finished - November 29, 2018



UPDATE July 4 - HERE

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with this one. I love listening to ones read by actors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have listened to Dean Koontz book that had a famous person voice it. I can't remember the guys name and I loved it. I will try to specifically look for those tho. I found out if you have prime and we have had prime for years that you can get audio books for free. Well you pay for prime but I was paying for prime anyway. =)

      Are you joining?

      Mary

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping in! I hope your find some books to stack your shelf with! =)
Please leave a comment - I love them!

 

Stacking My Book Shelves! Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang